How to compile RMI client on machine different from server?

Robert Maas, see http://tinyurl.com/uh3t

I'm taking a class in "distributed java" at De Anza college. Our
current homework assignment (which was due yesterday) has me stumped.
We're supposed to set up a RMI server application, and a RMI client to
talk to call it via RMI. The whole purpose of RMI is supposed to that
the client and server are on different machines, so the client doesn't
have direct access to the server classpath so can't call server classes
directly. But the client program can't even be compiled except if it
has access to the classpath fo the server. Somebody please tell me how
I need to change the client so that it can be compiled without cheating
(having access to server directory/classpath). See the relevant source
files here: http://www.rawbw.com/~rem/RMIRoadblock/