How to control what is displayed in IEs (the browsers ) address bar?

Jensen bredal

I want to control the link that is displayed in the addresse bare.
Can this be done?
How?

Many thanks in advance
JB

Kevin Spencer

The "link that is displayed in the addresse bare" is the URL of the page
requested. You would control it by controlling the location and/or name
and/or URL of the page.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Paranoia is just a state of mind.

jasonkester

No. It will show where you actually are, and never anything else.
Imagine the alternative:

<script>
window.displayUrl = "windowsupdate.com";
</script>

Jason Kester
Expat Software Consulting Services
http://www.expatsoftware.com/