How to convert MKV to iPad on Mac

P

pavell

I got some good MKV files, now I want to put them on my iPad then I can watch them anywhere. Well, I know I can watch .mkv files with the VLC Media player, but seems iPad doesn‘t support .mkv playback, so I'm busy in finding an ipad video converter to convert MKV to iPad MP4 or a similar format. It's really an arduous job to find one tool that easy to use and not costly but can service for my conversion

Luckily, a friend of mine recommended me a MKV to iPad video converter for Mac which he tried very great. I download the freetrial and found it's very easy to use, and can convert MKV or HD MKV to ipad or MP4, or other formats like AVI, PS3, VOB, FLV etc. Then I bought it without any hesitating. Okay, It called iFunia MKV Converter. On the course I collated some of the following simple practical steps, hope to help you

Step 1. Add MKV video files to the progra
First run iFunia MKV Converter for Mac and click the big button "Add..." to add MKV or HD MKV video files, this software allows to add as many videos as you want for MKV to iPad batch conversion

Step 2. Set the output format as iPad MP4 and other setting
Select iPad MP4 output format for each video file and specify a directory on your computer to save the output files. You can change the output settings as you need. Remember that the output file size mostly depends on the Bitrate you set. Larger Bitrate, larger file size. Actually the default profile given is configured with good quality output

Step 3. Start converting MKV to iPad MP4 vide
Now just click the big button "Start" to begin converting MKV to iPad video. The convert progress bar shows how much of the encoding is completed. The encoding time will depend on several variables including: the duration of the video file, the speed of your computer, what other activity your computer is currently doing and the bitrate you set

Notes
1. The program allows you merge some separate MKV videos to 1 single file. If you want to output 1 MP4 file for easily playing on iPad, simply click on the video titles you'd like to merge, then click 'Merge' button and uncheck the former separate files if you just need the single merged video file. You may see the image below to have an idea
2. It can edit videos, crop, trim videos and add watermark and special effects
3. If you wanna convert HD videos to iPad 720p H.264 HD video or AVCHD M2TS MTS to iPad, I suggest you use their iPad video converter to make it.

Ask a Question