How to create an instance of user control in a class(simple) file notin Page class file?

chandan

Hi,
How to create an instance of user control in a class(simple) file not
in Page class file? As I tried I can do it in page class file but not
in simple class file.
Let me know the solution!!

Thanks,
Chandan kumar

Jayakrishnan

chandan said:
Hi,
How to create an instance of user control in a class(simple) file not
in Page class file? As I tried I can do it in page class file but not
in simple class file.
Let me know the solution!!

Thanks,
Chandan kumar

Add the following tags in web.config

<pages>
<controls>
<add tagPrefix="Page" tagName="ActionPane" src="~/UserControl/Header.ascx"/>
</controls>
</pages>

Add the following method in class file

Public Class Sample
Public Function GetControl() As Control
Dim objHeader As Control
Dim objLoad As New System.Web.UI.UserControl

objHeader = objLoad.LoadControl("~/Controls/Header.ascx")
Return objHeader
End Function
End Class

If you need to access in page add the following code

System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
Dim obj As New Sample
Panel1.Controls.Add(obj.GetControl())
End Sub

Jayakrishnan V
Technology Group

chandan

[...]

Thanks Jayakrishnan...

But my actual proble is:
How to create object of a class which is outside of App_Code folder in
Asp.net 2.0 using C#.??

Let me know if you have solution???