HOW TO CUT FAT UNITS IN FAT LIBS NOT FIT IN L2?

8

88888 Dihedral

After checking some C++ libs, I think now the problem is not the expensive DRAM
and the HD in tera bytes.

It is the problem to let executables stayed in L2 in the same chip in nontrivial program executions to beat those hobbists and novices in the execution.

I regard the cheap DRAM as the slow HD in the 90's.

Quint Rankid

After checking some C++ libs, I think  now the problem is not the expensive DRAM
and the HD in tera bytes.

It is the problem to let executables stayed in L2 in the same chip  in nontrivial program executions to beat those hobbists and novices in the execution.

It's not clear to me what you want to accomplish.

Do you wish to reduce the size of your executables? I've heard that
some compilers have an option for this. Maybe the linkers do too?

Wouldn't whatever is in L2 cache get rolled out somewhere if another
program needs it?
I regard the cheap DRAM as the slow HD in the 90's.

Maybe you should look into some sort of semiconductor based HD? Or is
that an oxymoron?

Please clarify.

Juha Nieminen

88888 Dihedral said:
After checking some C++ libs, I think now the problem is not the expensive DRAM
and the HD in tera bytes.

It is the problem to let executables stayed in L2 in the same chip in nontrivial program executions to beat those hobbists and novices in the execution.

I regard the cheap DRAM as the slow HD in the 90's.

I have a nagging suspicion: Are you a bot trying to pass the Turing test?

8

88888 Dihedral

在 2012å¹´2月29日星期三UTC+8上åˆ3æ—¶38分39秒,Quint Rankid写é“:
[...]

OK, lets test programs do repeated random RW for some data in L1, and thenL2, and then the dram, and then the HD first for the current mass producedavailable hardware.

Then one can think about how to design programs with those parameters
changed over the time.