How to debug an ASP.NET web application residing on a remote serve

Guest

Please tell me how to debug an ASP.NET web application residing on a remote
server?

Can you pls tell me point by point as I am a new bie to a lil extent.

Also please alert me where errors might come in the process of remote debug.

Thanks a ton,
shekhar

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

It is unwise to resort to remote debugging. If you need some form of "debug"
on a production application, use tracing instead. If the app is unstable
enough to require heavier debugging, you need to create some form of unit
test and get to work locally to eliminate bugs (did not stabilize before
pushing out to production).

If you absolutely MUST remote debug, you need the remote debugger bits on
the server. I believe that is sufficient for ASP.NET. In ASP, you also have
to flip a bit in IIS app config on the server.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!