How to deploy the asp.net admin web, and where to get the sql script?

Derrick

Hi All,

Couple of hopefully simple questions:

1) Where do I get the sql script to create the built in asp.net security db?
2) Is it possible to deploy the admin site?

Thanks in advance!

Derrick

Mikey Baby

Have a look at the command line program aspnet_regsql.exe

It will start up a nice Wizard for you (or you can use command line options).

But also, have a look at the post, 4 down from this one. I'm having big
problems deploying the Config Tool. You can (so far) only use it locally.

Derrick

Cool, thanks for the info. I have a user database now.

All the builtin user/membership/role features are great, but they really
don't support deploying the manager piece? If not, it's great for little
mom and pop webs or prototypes, but how are you supposed to build anything
deliverable as an installable product with it? write your own manager web i
guess?

Can anyone from Microsoft chime in here? Is there any expected date to
provide a deployable user/role manager web?

Thanks in advance!

Derrick