How to detect that ASP.NET 2.0 is not enabled?

Sergei Gnezdov

Hi,

How can an external .NET 2.0 application check if IIS does not have ASP.NET
2.0 enabled?

Sergei Gnezdov

The response is not useful.

I am talking about detecting if ASP.NET 2.0 is enabled or not. If it is not
enabled, then website is not operational at all and no try...catch works,
because no page is executed.

So, what I need to know is how do I detect in a standalone .NET 2.0
application that IIS is configured to ignore ASP.NET 2.0 pages. It is
obvous that .NET 2.0 application runs outside of IIS host.