How to determine whether a compiler supports wide character or not

Ashabul Yeameen

I am writing a program which at some point need to call fputwc()
function. But since I want to make this code portable I've decided to
write my own fputwc() funcion where the compiler doesn't supply this
funcion. But how to determine whether the compiler supports wide
character or not (depending on which my funcion will compile). Is
there any preprocessor directive?

thanks in advance

-Yeameen

Mike Wahler

Ashabul Yeameen said:
I am writing a program which at some point need to call fputwc()
function. But since I want to make this code portable I've decided to
write my own fputwc() funcion where the compiler doesn't supply this
funcion. But how to determine whether the compiler supports wide
character or not (depending on which my funcion will compile). Is
there any preprocessor directive?

#include <stddef.h>

int main()
{
wchar_t wc;
return 0;
}

If it compiles, your implementation supports wide characters.

-Mike