How to detrmine browser visible availible size

Vadim

Hi!

I have a web page, where I don't want vertical scrolling. In case, that
the user has too many toolbars in browser I don't want to show some
footer image at the bottom of the screen.

Simple question: how I determine my browser visible availible size?
Unfortunately what I found is only screen.width and screen.height,
which give monitor resolution. That's not what I need.

Thanks in advance.

Vadim

McKirahan

Vadim said:
Hi!

I have a web page, where I don't want vertical scrolling. In case, that
the user has too many toolbars in browser I don't want to show some
footer image at the bottom of the screen.

Simple question: how I determine my browser visible availible size?
Unfortunately what I found is only screen.width and screen.height,
which give monitor resolution. That's not what I need.

Thanks in advance.

Vadim

Will these help?

screen.availwidth
screen.availheight

I don't know if browsers other than IE support them.

Vadim

Unfortunately, it seems that screen.availheight the size of Maximized
window without Windows task bar, since on my monitor resoultion
1024x768, my screen.availheight is always 738 (no matter what I do with
toolbars).

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Vadim said:
I have a web page, where I don't want vertical scrolling.

So you are using the wrong medium. Try a PowerPoint presentation instead.
In case, that the user has too many toolbars in browser I don't
want to show some footer image at the bottom of the screen.

You cannot show something "at the bottom of the screen" on the Web,
unless you successfully force fullscreen mode.
Simple question: how I determine my browser visible availible size?

Try window.innerWidth/.innerHeight for Mozilla and Opera, and
document.documentElement.offsetWidth/.offsetHeight for the rest.
Unfortunately what I found is only screen.width and screen.height,
which give monitor resolution.

No, they do not. For example, virtual desktops exist, and IE has
been reported to return the "resolution" of the primary display only.

See also said:
That's not what I need.

That is true; what you need is a minimum clue about Web authoring.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

McKirahan said:
Vadim said:
I have a web page, where I don't want vertical scrolling. In case, that
the user has too many toolbars in browser I don't want to show some
footer image at the bottom of the screen.

Simple question: how I determine my browser visible availible size?
Unfortunately what I found is only screen.width and screen.height,
which give monitor resolution. That's not what I need.
[...]

Will these help?

screen.availwidth
screen.availheight
No.

I don't know if browsers other than IE support them.

Not even IE supports that. And before you post screen.availWidth
and screen.availHeight: that will not help either, nor will the
properties I suggested really do. Only a minimum clue about Web
authoring is going to help here.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Randy said:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 12/19/2005 1:11 PM:

Too bad thats not your own original image.

The author has made the image available to the public domain explicitly.

PointedEars

Randy Webb

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 12/19/2005 6:36 PM:
Randy Webb wrote:

The author has made the image available to the public domain explicitly.

I didn't say anything to the contrary. But you mis-represented it as
being your own screenshot when it isn't.