How to do "Did you mean?" a la Google

Colin Peters

Hi,

I'm a terrible speller. So are many people, and I think it's getting
worse. That's why Googles' function to suggest re-searching with
corrected misspelled words is really nice.

Now I'm implementing an aspx page to handle 404 NotFound cases, and I
thought it'd be cool to look at the page name that the user tried to
access and see if it nearly matches any existing pages. Then I could
show a page like: "This file cannot be found. Did you mean to go to bla
bla bla".

Are there any precoded routines out there to take a string and compare
it to a list of similar strings?

Cheers