how to exceute shell scripts in unix server(telnet) from java application which is on windows?

vinay

Thanx for your valuable information. But i dont have much knowedge
regarding struts.
I came to know that we can connect
to unix telnet ID and execute the scripts from a java application
(using Runtime.exec()) which is on windows. Is it possible? if it is
please help me how to write with a sample code. I have to connect to
telent (unix). Please help me in this issue.
thanks and regards,
vinay.

Vincent van Beveren

Thanx for your valuable information. But i dont have much knowedge
regarding struts.
I came to know that we can connect
to unix telnet ID and execute the scripts from a java application
(using Runtime.exec()) which is on windows. Is it possible? if it is
please help me how to write with a sample code. I have to connect to
telent (unix). Please help me in this issue.

You could just Runtime.exec("telnet {ip} {port} <script") at which
script is dynamically generated. You also have free telnet libraries for
java, which you can use.

Vincent

?

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dra=BEen_Gemi=E6?=

vinay said:
Thanx for your valuable information. But i dont have much knowedge
regarding struts.
I came to know that we can connect
to unix telnet ID and execute the scripts from a java application
(using Runtime.exec()) which is on windows. Is it possible? if it is
please help me how to write with a sample code. I have to connect to
telent (unix). Please help me in this issue.
thanks and regards,
vinay.

I have never tried that, but it could be possible. The fact is that
you are not going to find a lot of hosts with telnet enabled theese days.

Mybe the better idea is to execute them as a CGI scripts, using web
server, and connecting to it from Java.

DG