How to increase connection limit beyond 40?

Homam

I'm having a bottleneck on the maximum number of connections an ASP.NET app
can call the same web service simultaneously. The maximum number of
connections is 40, which means the maximum amount of time that a request
could take is less than or equal to 25ms. But I have some requests that take
more than that, and this is causing the ASP.NET process to choke on the HTTP
connections and start throwing errors.

It seems to me extremely low that you can't practically use the .NET web
service client on the web tier to communicate with another web service in any
high volume site.

Is there anyway to increase the number of simultanous client connections
beyond 40?