How can I increase the timeout on ASP.Net 3.5 pages talking towebservices?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mike, Oct 1, 2009.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    I have an ASP.NET 3.5 site that talks to ASP.NET 3.5 webservices
    the site and the webservices live on different machines

    the web side of things has the timeout set to 20 minutes in the
    web.config
    <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx"
    protection="All"
    timeout="20"
    name="CSCPRS"
    requireSSL="false"
    slidingExpiration="true"
    defaultUrl="ReporterIntro.aspx"
    cookieless="UseCookies"
    enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
    </authentication>

    the people I did the application for want the timeout upped to 40
    minutes
    when I changed the value from 20 to 40 the application throws an error
    after 20 minutes but it's not exactly a timeout

    "Validation of viewstate MAC failed"

    with the timeout set to 20 minutes or less everything works fine

    is this the case where the web side is not timing out but the web
    service are or something along those lines?

    How can I increase the timeout to 40 minutes

    thanks
    mike

    mike, Oct 1, 2009

  2. mike

    Evertjan. Guest

    mike wrote on 01 okt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    This is a classic asp group.

    Dotnet questions c/should be asked in
    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    Evertjan., Oct 1, 2009