How can I increase the timeout on ASP.Net 3.5 pages talking towebservices?

mike

I have an ASP.NET 3.5 site that talks to ASP.NET 3.5 webservices
the site and the webservices live on different machines

the web side of things has the timeout set to 20 minutes in the
web.config
<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx"
protection="All"
timeout="20"
name="CSCPRS"
requireSSL="false"
slidingExpiration="true"
defaultUrl="ReporterIntro.aspx"
cookieless="UseCookies"
enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
</authentication>

the people I did the application for want the timeout upped to 40
minutes
when I changed the value from 20 to 40 the application throws an
error
after 20 minutes but it's not exactly a timeout

"Validation of viewstate MAC failed"

with the timeout set to 20 minutes or less everything works fine

is this the case where the web side is not timing out but the web
service are or something along those lines?

How can I increase the timeout to 40 minutes

thanks
mike

Registered User

I have an ASP.NET 3.5 site that talks to ASP.NET 3.5 webservices
the site and the webservices live on different machines

the web side of things has the timeout set to 20 minutes in the
web.config
<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx"
protection="All"
timeout="20"
name="CSCPRS"
requireSSL="false"
slidingExpiration="true"
defaultUrl="ReporterIntro.aspx"
cookieless="UseCookies"
enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
</authentication>

the people I did the application for want the timeout upped to 40
minutes

The whole timeout issue could be negated by the use of asynchronous
requests. Every X units of time a page can refresh itself and check if
the async request has completed.

regards
A.G.

mike

The whole timeout issue could be negated by the use of asynchronous
requests. Every X units of time a page can refresh itself and check if
the async request has completed.

I'm not positive the MAC error is caused by an actual attempted web
service call
I actually don't understand the error. Have read a bunch online about
it and don't fully understand

I do get the error when trying to access data objects after 20
minutes even when the timeout is set to 40

mike