How to install libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel in Windows ?

goldtech

Hi,

I have Windows XP and Python 2.7.x

I download and install libxml2-python-2.7.7.win32-py2.7.exe, From
here: http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/

This file has both libxml2 AND libxslt.

But, I also need libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel for python 2.7. Are
binaries for win32 available for that?

How do I to get these devel files? In Ubuntu fro example this is all
in the repositories. But I guess I don't understand how to get this in
Windows...

Thank you very much.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Hi,

I have Windows XP and Python 2.7.x

I download and install libxml2-python-2.7.7.win32-py2.7.exe, From
here: http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/

This file has both libxml2 AND libxslt.

But, I also need libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel for python 2.7. Are
binaries for win32 available for that?
xxx-devel packages for the Linux variants typically contain the
header files needed to /build/ (compile) programs and/or libraries that
reference the runtime xxx library.

Windows binary installers typically ARE pre-built libraries
compatible with the specific binary version; no development headers are
needed. On the Linux variants, all you get is source code for the Python
libraries and the "install" runs a makefile to build the library.

How do I to get these devel files? In Ubuntu fro example this is all
in the repositories. But I guess I don't understand how to get this in
Windows...

Unless you intend to build the libraries and the Python interface
from sources (meaning you have the proper C-compiler toolchain
installed), they don't mean anything on Windows.

Stefan Behnel

goldtech, 10.11.2012 18:12:
I have Windows XP and Python 2.7.x

I download and install libxml2-python-2.7.7.win32-py2.7.exe, From
here: http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/

This file has both libxml2 AND libxslt.

But, I also need libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel for python 2.7. Are
binaries for win32 available for that?

How do I to get these devel files? In Ubuntu fro example this is all
in the repositories. But I guess I don't understand how to get this in
Windows...

Assuming that you are actually looking for lxml rather than the plain
libxml2/libxslt Python bindings and seeing that you don't fear installing
software from arbitrary web pages, you should try this binary installer:

http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#lxml

Stefan