how to introduce a lot of users?

cas

Hi,

I tried the logon webcontrol after defining some users.
Great, but is it possible to introduce a lot of users in one time (import or
something like that), because i can't imagine i have to do that 100 times,
one user after one?

Thanks
Cas

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The underlying data is stored in a database. I am not sure exactly what and
where, but if you are using SQL Server, run a profile on the membership
database and watch what is inserted when you insert a new user. You now know
what commands have to be run, so dupe them for a list. To get the list in,
bulk copy (easiest way is Import/Export in SQL Server).

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!

Ray Booysen

Cowboy said:
The underlying data is stored in a database. I am not sure exactly what and
where, but if you are using SQL Server, run a profile on the membership
database and watch what is inserted when you insert a new user. You now know
what commands have to be run, so dupe them for a list. To get the list in,
bulk copy (easiest way is Import/Export in SQL Server).
Also, if you're using the asp.net membership provider pattern, the
source code is available for it so you could manipulate this code to
bulk insert users.

Regards
Ray

phil