How to keep a dialog modeless and redirect the parent

sowen

In IE, I am using showModalDialog to pop up a modeless window, then
the object "opener" is undefined.

well, I pass the parent window object as an argument to pop up, then I
can redirect the parent url.

The problem is, when I redirect the parent url, the popup is closed
automatically, I guess it's the normal behavior coz the popup is a
modeless dialog.

Is it possible to have the popup always stays top-most but I can still
redirect the parent? Any idea?

Thanks!

Skye Shaw!@#$

In IE, I am using showModalDialog to pop up a modeless window

Wouldn't that make the showModalDialog() function an oxymoron?
well, I pass the parent window object as an argument to pop up, then I
can redirect the parent url.
The problem is, when I redirect the parent url, the popup is closed
automatically, I guess it's the normal behavior coz the popup is a
modeless dialog.

Is it possible to have the popup always stays top-most but I can still
redirect the parent? Any idea?

I'm confused, you use showModalDialog() to open a modeless window,
then from this window you want to redirect its parent, while keeping
it on top? If this is the case, why use showModal at all?

window.open() and window.opener.location will achieve this...