How to load java project from subversion into Eclipse?

Hongyu

Hi,

I have a question on how to load a java project zipped from Subversion
into Eclipse. I am new to both Subversion, Eclipse, and had programmed
Java before but just on small project. Now I got a zip file for a java
project, which is one project contains lot of small projects with each
project contains a directory of .svn and a set of different java
classes source code. How can i load the project into Eclipse, do i
need to import the directory of .snv besides all the java class
source files? I tried by creating a new java project in Eclipse, and
then import all the source inlcuding the .svn directories, but i got
errors. I didn't find an Eclipse discuss group, so I try to send the
question here and hope i can get answered.

Thank you very much for the help in advance.

Hongyu

Arne Vajhøj

Hongyu said:
I have a question on how to load a java project zipped from Subversion
into Eclipse. I am new to both Subversion, Eclipse, and had programmed
Java before but just on small project. Now I got a zip file for a java
project, which is one project contains lot of small projects with each
project contains a directory of .svn and a set of different java
classes source code. How can i load the project into Eclipse, do i
need to import the directory of .snv besides all the java class
source files? I tried by creating a new java project in Eclipse, and
then import all the source inlcuding the .svn directories, but i got
errors. I didn't find an Eclipse discuss group, so I try to send the
question here and hope i can get answered.

If you just need to build the code, then you can just import the
dir and build completely ignoring all the SVN stuff.

If you need to update in SVN, then you should not use the ZIP,
but extract directly from the SVN repository inside Eclipse
(I think SVN support requires a plugin not installed by default).

Arne

Hongyu

If you just need to build the code, then you can just import the
dir and build completely ignoring all the SVN stuff.

If you need to update in SVN, then you should not use the ZIP,
but extract directly from the SVN repository inside Eclipse
(I think SVN support requires a plugin not installed by default).

Arne

Thanks a lot for the help, Arne. I will try that.

Hendrik Maryns