How to make a CSS navbar that colors the page you're on

Paul Furman

Changing hover color or background color is easy on a navbar but what
about making that highlight color stick as long as you are on the page?
Or like the tabbed style that looks like folder tabs. Hmm, I guess this
is a job for PHP server side scripting? I assume all those expanding
folder nav bars are java powered. Even if I made such a thing with PHP,
it would make a mess reloading the page every time something changed.

Thoughts?

Paul Furman

Paul said:
Changing hover color or background color is easy on a navbar but what
about making that highlight color stick as long as you are on the page?
Or like the tabbed style that looks like folder tabs. Hmm, I guess this
is a job for PHP server side scripting? I assume all those expanding
folder nav bars are java powered. Even if I made such a thing with PHP,
it would make a mess reloading the page every time something changed.

Thoughts?

I found this from Toby's link:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/03/24/pure_css_tabs
I'm studying...