    The thing is, I couldn't run my program in other Windows PC. It will
    report that it need cygwin1.dll ... Anybody knows how to get through
    this problem? Please, please, please ... let me know. Thank you.

    Abby, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Abby

    Andy Zhang Guest

    Cygwin executables need the Cygwin library to, in a sense, convert unix
    system calls to win32 API calls. You need to recompile the program for
    Windows. Alternatively, you could distribute your program with the Cygwin
    DLL.

    Andy Zhang, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Abby

    Abby Guest

    Can you tell me how to distribute my program with Cygwin DLL? Thank you.

    Abby, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Abby

    Tom St Denis Guest

    Copy cygwin1.dll from the cygwin/bin dir. I dunno what the license is
    regarding that though.

    A good way to test if you have all the dlls you need is to set the path
    to empty, e.g.

    set PATH=

    then run you app. If the additional dlls are required and they are not
    in the dir where you run the app from windows will report an error.

    Alternatively, you could compile as "-mno-cygwin" or use mingw if you
    don't need the unix like behaviour.

    Tom

    Tom St Denis, Jul 2, 2003