How to map from Unix to Windows

Tuhin

Hello every one,

Is it possible to map windows from unix? What I am trying to do:

1. First i will connect Unix(OS:Sun Solaries) from my PC (OS:Windows
XP)
2. Write a script in Perl (on Unix) to open the Windows Explorer on my
PC.

Any help/suggestion/code will be appreciated.

Thanks
Tuhin

Brian McCauley

Tuhin said:
Hello every one,

Is it possible to map windows from unix? What I am trying to do:

Define what you mean by "map".
1. First i will connect Unix(OS:Sun Solaries) from my PC (OS:Windows
XP)

Define "I will connect". Telnet / ssh? FTP? HTTP? SMB?
2. Write a script in Perl (on Unix) to open the Windows Explorer on my
PC.

A program running on one computer cannot, in general, cause an
arbitrary program to run on another (this is a good thing). You need
some sort of program running on the target to authenticate and honour
the request.
Any help/suggestion/code will be appreciated.

I suggest that before you hit "send" on a Usenet post you read what you
written pretending you did not already know what you were trying to
say. It is impossible to figure out what your are asking.