How to move radio buttons into table cells?Help!

Guest

I have asked this question before. But it does not work for me. Given radion
buttons in the web form design page. What I did is described as follows.

A panel control is dragged into the design form, and a table control is
dragged into the panel from tooolbox. Add cells for the table through the
properties. Now I cut a radio button, and click the table (note I can not
select a cell), then right click Paste. The button is not in expected cell,
but just over the table or bellow the table on the panel. How to move the
button into a specific cell of the table?

Thanks

David

Guest

Simple answer, don't do it in design view do it in source view. If you want
to work on a control in design view that needs to go in a tablecell, just
stick somewhere on the page, set all the properties etc, then paste the
resulting markup into the relevent tablecell.

Guest

Do you mean doing it in HTML source with tag TR and TD, and then working in
design view by select cell and cut/paste?

David

Guest

If you drag a table control from the toolbox onto the page in Visual
Studio/Visual Web Developer it does not create an HTML table it creates and
ASP table control as below

<asp:Table ID="PageContentTable" runat="server" Width="95%"></asp:Table>

Are you actaully talking apout something else such as FrontPage?

Guest

I am not talking about FronPage, just talking about Visual Studio .NET.
The asp.net webform design has two tabs, design and html. So you mean it
should work in html tab page other than design tab page, since the table
control in design generates asp tag such as
<asp:Table ID="PageContentTable" runat="server" Width="95%"></asp:Table>

It doesn't work for my purpose. However, it should work by using tags TABLE,
TR, and TD in HTML tab page (which will display in design form page). Am I
right?

David

Guest

If you drag and drop a table onto the page in design view and then add rowws
and cells through the proerties it creates something like below

<asp:Table id="Table1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 32px; POSITION: absolute;
TOP: 24px" runat="server">
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell></asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell></asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell></asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell></asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
</asp:Table>

If you want to ad controls put them within the relevant
<asp:TabelCel></asp:TableCell> sections within the table in source/HTML view.
If you want to work on the controls in design view and set their properties
etc just stick them anywhere on the page then copy and paster the resultant
markup into the relevent <asp:TabelCel></asp:TableCell> in HTML/Source view.

Guest

Thank you very much.

I will try it. It seems that the copy/paste should happen in HTML view other
than Design view.

David