How to organise a composition analyzer in C??

jyck91

Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
It analyses an english composition.
What functions should it include?
eg. frequency of letter/ words

thanks for help

osmium

Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
It analyses an english composition.
What functions should it include?
eg. frequency of letter/ words

I take it you mean a grammar analyzer? To me, a composition analyzer would
be at a higher level. such as is the beginning *at* the beginning. It still
sounds like a very ambitious task.

I think the frequency of letters would be of zero interest.

Joachim Schmitz

osmium said:
I take it you mean a grammar analyzer? To me, a composition analyzer
would be at a higher level. such as is the beginning *at* the beginning.
It still sounds like a very ambitious task.

I think the frequency of letters would be of zero interest.
Pretty important in cryptology.

Bye, Jojo

Tor Rustad

Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
It analyses an english composition.
What functions should it include?
eg. frequency of letter/ words

2007-09-16 you posted:

"I want to get some ideas to organise a composition analyzer??
eg. frequencies of letters

Thx for your suggestion"

Have you checked the replies?

osmium

Tor Rustad said:
2007-09-16 you posted:

"I want to get some ideas to organise a composition analyzer??
eg. frequencies of letters

Thx for your suggestion"

Have you checked the replies?

I don't think I paid any attention to your first post, there is a
significant difference in your second post. It seems possible that you
don't mean "composition" as used in general use in English. Perhaps you
should check to see if that is what you really mean. the more I think about
it the more I think you really want something else.

Word count is *conceivably* (but unlikely) of interest in composition.
Character frequency is simply way off the scale in terms of uselessness.
And your first post didn't mention word count.

Keith Thompson

Can anyone give me some ideas to organise a composition analyzer in C?
It analyses an english composition.
What functions should it include?
eg. frequency of letter/ words

Your question isn't really about C. You want to implement something
in C, but your question is about defining just what it is you want to
implement. I don't think we can help you with that part of the
problem. You might try comp.programming.

Once you've defined what you want to do, we can probably help you do
it in C.