How to pass hash as sub parameter?

Randal L. Schwartz

Rui> You seem to have confused me with someone else. I haven't ignored
Rui> anyone in this group, nor did I ever stated, implicitly or
Rui> explicitly, that I intended in ignoring anyone.

And yet, again, you have, demonstrated by this very post. Your line
lengths are excessive. Thus, you have ignored all of us who have said
"please follow Usenet convention".

You cannot thus claim to have not ignored anyone. You are ignoring us.
Please stop lying. You have already been tagged unteachable by many of
the experts here, and are rapidly being tagged as such by most of the
rest. Good luck with that. Let us know how that works out for you.

Uri Guttman

RM> I've managed to learn C and C++, along with about half a dozen
RM> toolkits and libraries. If you believe that this particular
RM> programming language is so unique that no relevant information on
RM> it can be found on the web then you leave me with the impression
RM> that you don't know how a search engine is or should be used.

and i learned pl1 36 years ago. bfd.

RM> And by the way, do you know how people manage to search through
RM> this group's backlog? With the help of a search engine.

and that is specific to a known good source of perl information. the web
is not such a beast.

RM> I see what you mean and you are right, there is a lot of garbage
RM> out there. Yet, you also have the ability to judge that
RM> information and, the more you learn about a given subject and the
RM> more you search, you continuously develop an understanding of what
RM> constitutes a good source and what should be ignored.

no. i didn't learn how to determine garbage from looking at garbage. i
learned good perl and general programming over decades of study. then i
reviewed perl sites and found them to be mostly garbage.

RM> Moreover, it's quite possible to extract meaningful information
RM> from "tainted" sources. So, if you promptly discard "bad" sources
RM> of information (bad, according to who?) without even thinking
RM> about it then you are doing yourself a disservice.

no, tainted is tainted. you never know what is good or bad. see matt's
script archives for the classic example. try to learn perl from
them. too many kiddies did and they ruined the web for a decade.

RM> Oddly enough, the very first document I read on perl was
RM> perl.com's beginner's introduction to Perl, which fails to mention
RM> such a fundamental aspect of Perl. So, if you happen to lurk this
RM> newsgroup to maintain that sort of info in perl.com then I have to
RM> say you have a lot of room to improve your contributions.

how could a basic intro cover all the core issues? you are way off base
here as usual. you don't know how to learn from solid docs themselves,
so you blame a tutorial which is limited by nature. you read the
reference docs to learn what actually is happening.

RM> I know how to read docs and how to use usenet. What I lack is the
RM> ability to receive insults from misanthropic idiots who acts as if
RM> everyone owes them something and believe that newbies should be
RM> forced to assume a submissive posture before them and their
RM> condescending blurbs.

no, you don't know how to receive insults. you take them the wrong way
and fight back like a bigger idiot and child. you pissed off most of the
core regulars here in about 2 days. that is close to a record. put that
on your mantle and brag about it.

RM> So, regarding your "burning bridges" comment, some people, no
RM> matter how technically proficient they may be, simply aren't
RM> civilized. They, unfortunately, are unable to show any semblance
RM> of respect or any glimpse of common courtesy while interacting
RM> with others. They simply don't know any better and therefore are
RM> complete failures at dealing with other people. It's on
RM> everyone's best interests to avoid any contact with those
RM> misanthropic idiots.

you keep using those words and you don't know what they mean. look in a
mirror sometime and take the blame yourself. pissing off so many people
almost always means you are the guilty party. but you won't accept any
blame which proves even more what a twit you are. grow up.

uri

Steve M.

If you happen to follow this thread you would realize that there were
plenty of helpful users who managed to help by posting informative
messages in a civilized and polite tone, which were fundamental in
helping me understand how a basic feature of Perl operates.

Folks here are Programmers for the most part.

Programmers tend to be pretty direct, logical, and to the point in their
area of expertise.

Deal with it.

Or, if you want the 'touchy feely' approach, visit a psychiatrist.

Hmmmmmm....

Yet, there were also a hand full of misanthropic idiots who did their
best to pollute this newsgroup with insulting messages which were devoid
of any value and had absolutely nothing to do with this subject, and by
doing so succeeded in injecting a lot of noise into this newsgroup.

Uri/Tad/Etc are misanthropic idiots who pollute the group with insulting
messages devoid of any value?

ROTFL

And *you* have the gall to bitch about noise to signal?

*plonk*