From: "B. Madhusudan" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
Subject: How to place controls on webform more easily
Greetings,

Does anyone know how i can place web controls on a webform towards the
bottom? I'm designing a form with a lot of controls but I can't seem to
scroll down on the webform! One workaround I have is to grab a huge control
like a calendar control and place it towards the bottom of the form. This
makes the scrollbars appear and then I have more room to place other
controls. Does anyone know how I can just magically have scrollbars appear
without having to do this?

thanks!

Madhu

Hi Madhu,

did you ever find an answer to your question? i'm curious to know myself as well as what i usually do is to use a dummy control and then use the down
button to push it down as far as i would like the page to grow. Another quick way is to go into the html code and alther the TOP value to a big number for the
control. My thoughts are that the size limit is there as is reflects the size of a live page and if the developer wants it to be longer then you will have to
manually specify it so.

<asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 240px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 1500px"
runat="server" Text="Button"></asp:Button>
Hope that helps,

Michelle

***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***