How to read calendar info from Exchange using Java (any open source?)

Heckner

Hi,

I just browsed the newsgroup for the above topice and didn't find a
good solution.

J-Integra seems to be a product capable of integrating with Exchange
via a Java API, but involves extra licenses
CDO and MAPI seems a way using JNI-based calls to the DLL of microsoft
(seems the best fit right now).

Are there any other alternatives (besides CFMX7?)
Any open source Java API for integrating with Exchange?

I need to read calendar info and write tasks into the calendar of
various users.

Thanks for any help
Hannes

Joshua Cranmer

Heckner said:
Hi,

I just browsed the newsgroup for the above topice and didn't find a
good solution.

J-Integra seems to be a product capable of integrating with Exchange
via a Java API, but involves extra licenses
CDO and MAPI seems a way using JNI-based calls to the DLL of microsoft
(seems the best fit right now).

Are there any other alternatives (besides CFMX7?)
Any open source Java API for integrating with Exchange?

I need to read calendar info and write tasks into the calendar of
various users.

Thanks for any help
Hannes

Exchange, like almost all of Microsoft's products, uses closed
specifications. Therefore, all open source products have to
reverse-engineer the communication protocol. Try googling, but don't
expect too much.

Chris Uppal

Heckner said:
J-Integra seems to be a product capable of integrating with Exchange
via a Java API, but involves extra licenses

Presumably any Java<->COM bridge would be able to talk to Exchange usingf MS's
COM or Axtive/X APIs. I don't know whether you'd need two way communication
(there might be COM events you'd want to listen for -- I dunno). I'm not
convinced by the requirement for "open source" software (if you are using
Exchange at all then there is presumably money around to pay for licenses....),
but there are open source COM interfaces for Java.

Some names I turned up a few days ago when I was looking at COM/Java stuff:

com4j
http://com4j.dev.java.net/
ComfyJ
http://www.teamdev.com/comfyj/index.jsf