How to retrieve a column from a selected GridView row.

Steve Kershaw

Hi,

I have a GridView in which I have selected a row. I now want to use
the 1st column value of that selected row in another GridView as an
input to select the particular row in the second GridView. I know that
"GridView1.SelectedRow.Cells[0]" dosen't work along with some other
things I have tried.

Can anybody help me with this?!

Thanks in advance.
Steve

Randy Smith

Hi,
I've got this code, and seems to work quite well:

foreach (GridViewRow row in GridView1.Rows)
{
CheckBox chk1 = (CheckBox) row.FindControl("chk1");
if (chk1.Checked == true)
{
//code goes here

The point of this code is that it is necessary to "find" the control, and
place the contents into a newly created variable. In the case above, the
variable is "chk1", but it can be anything. Although it might be confusing,
the name of the control on the aspx form is also "chk1".

HTH, Randy