How to setup Emacs with inferior ruby-interpreter?

ssecorp

I have tried to get Emacs to run an inferior ruby process.

I can run the interpreter with comint-run irb.bat but then I can't
load a program into the interpreter.

I already have ruby-mode for emacs so I got syntax hightlighting and
all that stuff, just want to be able to run an integrated interpreter.

also, is there a compiler for ruby?

Joost Diepenmaat

ssecorp said:
I have tried to get Emacs to run an inferior ruby process.

I can run the interpreter with comint-run irb.bat but then I can't
load a program into the interpreter.

I already have ruby-mode for emacs so I got syntax hightlighting and
all that stuff, just want to be able to run an integrated interpreter.

ruby-mode has built in support for inferior-ruby. From any buffer that
is in ruby-mode, you can type M-x run-ruby to start inferior ruby.

The run-ruby function is in inf-ruby.el

See http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/RubyMode