    insert operation.

    How can I prevent the page from reloading? I though about disabling the
    back button but that not good for the hold application.

    bthumber, May 14, 2009

  2. bthumber

    jay Guest

    how about use the cookie or session to record the insert action?

    jay, May 14, 2009

  3. bthumber

    bthumber Guest

    Would that session be in a "if statement" else do something else?

    Brent

    bthumber, May 14, 2009
  4. Its better to use cookie or session, you might hit the same problem
    with fwd button.

    Cheers,
    -Ratnesh
    S7 Software

    Ratnesh Maurya, May 15, 2009
  5. bthumber

    Chris Zopers Guest

    Hi,

    Reading your post I assume the insertion of the record takes place in
    the load event of the page???

    Isn't a more common scenario that the insertion of a record takes place
    when the user clicks on a button, like 'Save' or 'OK'?

    That way, there is no issue when the user navigates back (or forward) to
    the same page again. After saving, you could also clear all the fields
    and navigate to another page. When the user navigates back, all fields
    are cleared so when he/she clicks the save-button again, the data does
    not validate (assuming you validate the data before saving it) and won't
    be saved.

    Greetings,
    Chris

    Chris Zopers, May 15, 2009
  6. bthumber

    bthumber Guest

    I though of that, but that's not the way it designed, so I'm just working to
    stop the extra insert issue.

    Brent

    bthumber, May 18, 2009