How to use JS to get the right codes for HTML characters

laredotornado

Hi,

I have this code

document.getElementById(id).innerHTML = val; // val is the value
someone types in a textbox

Problem is, if someone types "<html>", I would like "<html>" to be
displayed, so the value of the "innerHTML" should really be
"&lt;html&gt;" in this example. Is there a JS function (or does
someone have one) that will do HTML characters replacement?

Thanks, - Dave

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
document.getElementById(id).innerHTML = val; // val is the value
someone types in a textbox

Problem is, if someone types "<html>", I would like "<html>" to be
displayed, so the value of the "innerHTML" should really be
"&lt;html&gt;" in this example. Is there a JS function (or does
someone have one) that will do HTML characters replacement?

val = document?forms[0].foo.value.replace(/</g,'&lt;');

the '&dt;' for '>' is not necessary