    Using these tags, web authors can bypass the IE-specific AUTOCOMPLETE="off"
    HTML attribute for <FORM> and <INPUT> elements.

    Thought you'd be interested.

    Lee Harvey, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Lee Harvey

    Chris Morris Guest

    At the expense of a fair bit of collateral damage to its and everyone
    else's caching capabilities, yes.
    Why is using an IE specific attribute to bypass an IE-specific
    'problem' [1] wrong? It's incredibly unlikely to harm anything else,
    after all.

    [1] Why would you (as an author, I mean, as a user I disable it in my
    browser) want to turn off autocomplete - if the user wants it they can
    have it. I doubt either the autocomplete attribute or your caching
    hack works in other browsers with autocomplete ability anyway.

    Chris Morris, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Lee Harvey

    Emmanuel Gleizer

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    caching Form data is not always a good idea... especially you Credit Card!

    I agree with you: no problem to chache email and so on.
    But I'm quite reluctant if we're speaking of a Payment form that contains credit card number.

    Think if you feed in the form in a "public/work" computer...

    Emmanuel Gleizer, Jun 29, 2011