HOWTO: Know Which Controls Actually Changed Values On FormView

Guest

How can you tell which FormView controls have different values from their
initial values when the page was loaded?

If the user clicked the submit button on the EditItemTemplate and no
controls have truly changed values, then we don't have to update the database.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If you have this hooked to a DataSet and run Update() with the adapter(s),
you will not have an update, as nothing has changed. If you have rolled your
own, you need to save the initial values (option 1) or monitor changes
(option 2 - most likely client side script).