Hpricot question

Rainer

Hello,

I'm a humble beginner with Hpricot. I want to write a method that
performs certain actions for every HTML tag of a given HTML fragment.
In the documentation, I have only found search mechanisms that to for
a specific tag, attribute or id. What I need, however is a method that
tells me the first HTML tag of a fragment, whatever it is. For
instance:

a_fragment = "<div id="my_first_div">first div<p>a paragraph</

Are there methods like "current_tag()" or "current_id()" in Hpricot,
which act like this:

s = current_tag(a_fragment)
puts s
=>
"div"
or
s2 = current_id(a_fragment)
puts s2
=>
"my_first_id"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

عمر ملقب بالثانی

Rainer said:
What I need [...] is a method that
tells me the first HTML tag of a fragment, whatever it is.

You may want to use Element#name:

$ irb -r hpricot=> "div"

Regards, Ömer [yet another Ruby beginner].