.htaacess files

dorayme

I read <http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/htaccess/2>
and then pounced.

Followed to the letter to get .htaacess plain text file on the
Unix server on the level of all the folders with just

Options -Indexes

in it.

But all the folders show up as ever in the browser if the
particular file is left off the end:

http://www.domain/folder/ where there is no index file in the
folder. The owner of these files does not want them to do this.
Any ideas of getting this to work?

Naturally, I cannot reveal too much about it. It is an
Apache/1.3.27 Server... (Luigi has invaded a Martian soul)

Go on, blind me with science someone. But I would prefer
practical tips of things to try.

I got it to load by calling it something the ftp program or
whatever was used to. And then changed the name on the server to
".htaaccess" without the quotes. But all to no avail...

Steven Saunderson

I got it to load by calling it something the ftp program or
whatever was used to. And then changed the name on the server to
".htaaccess" without the quotes. But all to no avail...

I think the file name should be ".htaccess" not ".htaaccess"

HTH

dorayme

Steven Saunderson said:
I think the file name should be ".htaccess" not ".htaaccess"

HTH

Steven, my typo... and you have solved the problem! Really! Yes,
really. I thank you and I will look out for every opportunity to
help you in any way in the future. I have contacted all the
holiday resorts back on my home planet and you are guaranteed a
substantial discount on any holiday package you choose...

<slinks away....>

David

dorayme said:
[...]

Sheesh I hope that you called it .htaccess not ".htaaccess"