HtmlControls.HtmlInputFile - do I have to have a separate upload button?

gazza

Hi,

I have an application which shows a single record which has numerous
image files stored. The images are displayed as thumbnails, and if I
click on "Edit", an HtmlInputFile control is displayed next to each
thumbnail allowing the user to change the image. Unfortunately, I have
to have a separate normal asp.net button to firstly upload the selected
image and also change the thumbnail. All of these controls are added
dynamically at run-time.

The point is, this isn't particularly nice for the user who has to
click a button, select a file and click another button before the
thumbnail is updated. I would much rather the thumbnail was updated
immediately after selection, i.e. I wish there was an event that fires
when the user has selected the image file.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Gary