    border in FF to blue with a white hover :eek:(
    I thought IE7 had solved this one.
    What I really want is a white frame with a red hover, the rest is a bonus.

    Jim S, May 6, 2008

  2. Scripsit Jim S:
    That's not usual at all, but it is usual to make the elementary mistake
    of not setting background when setting color. What happens on a browser
    with a user style sheet
    * { color: black; background: white; }
    ?
    That's because the border color is a property (the border-color
    property) of the img element. IE has, conceptually, a browser style
    sheet that sets specific border colors for images that are links. You
    need to override that, e.g.

    a:link img { border-color: white; }
    Is the user supposed to guess that in _this_ particular site, white
    border means a link?

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 6, 2008

  3. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    My backgrounds are all defined.
    That works - thanks, and so does
    a:hover img { border-color: red; }
    There's a prompt on the homepage.

    Jim S, May 6, 2008
  4. Heavens no! How dare he employ non-standard links colors! I'm amazed
    that users on the Internet can even survive with non-standard colors!

    still just me, May 8, 2008