HttpApplication.User.Identity.Name has old login id

David Turner

I'm using HttpApplication.User.Identity.Name to get the login id for the current user and then using that login id to read custom security information from a database. If a user's login id is changed in Active Directory, the HttpApplication.User.Identity.Name property still returns their old login id, and thus the security check is failing

After turning Trace on, I noticed that the AUTH_USER and REMOTE_USER server variables also contain the old login id. The LOGON_USER variable contains the new login value

I've tried restarting IIS thinking that something may be cached, but still have the same problem.

Any ideas

David Turne
(e-mail address removed)
remove 'nospam' to reply