HttpException (0x8007274d): Unable to make the session state request to the session state server.

Harry Haller

I am running ASP.NET 2

This works: <http://localhost:2063/Client/Default.aspx>

This fails: <http://localhost:1472/Admin/Default.aspx>

This is all happening on my local machine which is on a LAN (behind a
router-firewall), but as everything is here on the local machine and
both applications used the same database connection strings I can't
understand why one application works but the other doesn't.

What makes the web server decide to use a particular port?

PS: Previously 'Admin' failed to compile on one of the pages but that
is OK now because I just built it with no Errors, Warnings or
Messages.