I need help !

Jeet A

I made a package in perl . that is working great the only problem is i
am not able to run iton custom linux system where i cant install perl
modules which my package uses . that custom linux system dont have
make , gcc , and all that are needed to install required perl modules
for my package. at least perl is installed .

How can I run my package on that custom linux system

help needed !

Ben Morrow

Quoth Jeet A said:
I made a package in perl . that is working great the only problem is i
am not able to run iton custom linux system where i cant install perl
modules which my package uses . that custom linux system dont have
make , gcc , and all that are needed to install required perl modules
for my package. at least perl is installed .

How can I run my package on that custom linux system

If you can build a Perl on a different, compatible, system that is
configured in *exactly* the same way (see perl -V:config_args from your
embedded perl: note that you will also need to arrange to link against
the same libraries; e.g. if your embedded system uses one of the minimal
libcs you will need to build your perl against that rather than glibc),
you should be able to copy the whole of lib/perl5/site_perl (or wherever
you keep it) onto your embedded system. This is effectively what
package systems like ActiveState's ppm and Debian's dpkg end up doing.

Alternatively if your embedded system has a package manager you may be
able to create packages for it, and install them. Most package managers
come with a tool to create a package out of a CPAN distribution, with or
without some amount of manual intervention.

Ben