    for my package. at least perl is installed .

    How can I run my package on that custom linux system

    help needed !

    Jeet A, Sep 19, 2007

  2. And your article needs a subject in its Subject.

    Tad McClellan, Sep 19, 2007

  3. Jeet A

    Ben Morrow Guest

    If you can build a Perl on a different, compatible, system that is
    configured in *exactly* the same way (see perl -V:config_args from your
    embedded perl: note that you will also need to arrange to link against
    the same libraries; e.g. if your embedded system uses one of the minimal
    libcs you will need to build your perl against that rather than glibc),
    you should be able to copy the whole of lib/perl5/site_perl (or wherever
    you keep it) onto your embedded system. This is effectively what
    package systems like ActiveState's ppm and Debian's dpkg end up doing.

    Alternatively if your embedded system has a package manager you may be
    able to create packages for it, and install them. Most package managers
    come with a tool to create a package out of a CPAN distribution, with or
    without some amount of manual intervention.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Sep 19, 2007