I want to creat my "netflix" with "plex" and the others programmes

Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
so i want just to search the movie and it'll search it in the best quality ant download it
plz i need help

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
I'm gonna go ahead and say we _probably_ don't support that kind of thing here (I'm not a moderator, so I don't actually know). But, you likely just need to learn a web scraping library, figure out the URL scheme your favorite site is using, and figure out how to search for what you want. After that, maybe sort it by size, to _guess_ that's the best quality. You can filter on specific keywords and such, if you can figure out what you want to support. Then, you'll need to figure out how to plug that file or magnet link (assuming you're using torrents) into your downloading program. There's half your battle. The other half is organizing it, possibly transcoding it, and actually being able to serve it. Plex and Emby can do on-the-fly transcoding, but you'll need a beefy server and video card with hardware transcoding to transcode a 20-50GB h264/265 file into one you can actually stream, not to mention the Internet bandwidth for it. These programs might be able to figure out the names straight out of a torrent, I don't know. If you ask more, specific questions (and are a little more... discreet about it...), maybe we can help.

Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
thank u very much for your reply and your advises, it really help me for my project

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Then, you'll learn a scripting language just fine. I wouldn't recommend C/C++, but you can, of course, do it. For a fan of curly braces, I'd pick up Perl and use Mojo::UserAgent from the Mojolicious framework. It's got easy ways to fetch URLs and to find elements within the response's HTML (or JSON). Perl also has easy to use regular expressions built right into the language.

If you really want to pursue a C/C++ route, I can look more into that, but I suspect you'll need two or three low level libraries to accomplish it and it'll be less maintainable.

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Check out the links I sent. Mojo::UserAgent can be used to fetch a website (perform an HTTP GET request) and to search through the resulting HTML. The very top of the page has a ton of examples. You'll need to figure out how the site performs an actual search (i.e., what the URL looks like after a search) and emulate the search parameter. Next, you'll need to figure out the structure of the response. Likely, it's got a table with a specific ID or class, which can be searched via a hash "#" or a period "." preceding the ID or the class (just like CSS). Open the developer tools of your browser (usually F12) and use the inspection tool (usually the top left button) to select the table element itself. Check out the attributes and see if you can figure out how to select that specific element in the results. From there, you can find the rows, then parse the columns in each row, etc. If that doesn't make sense or you get stuck, please be more specific and I'll try to help.