i want to play mp3 for infinite time

chetan1991

Hello All,
I am Chetan Joshi,
IBAB, Bangalore.

I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
help me to play this for infinite time in loop.

i use netBeans to run this program.
import javax.media.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.net.URL;

public class playmp3
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
mp3 t = new mp3("file:///C://JavaApplications//cd.mp3");
t.start();
/* i have tried to run this, but it player my mp3 file for once only. Hence i commented this
try
{
while(TRUE)
if(t.isAlive())
{t.join();}
else
{
t.join();
catch(Exception e){}*/

class mp3 extends Thread
{
private URL url; // Uniform Resource locater - helps in path
private MediaLocator mediaLocator; // related to URL -helps in creatinh play list

private Player playMP3; // interface
public mp3(String mp3)
{
try
{
this.url = new URL(mp3);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
System.out.println(e.getMessage());
public void run()
{
try
{
mediaLocator = new MediaLocator(url);
playMP3 = Manager.createPlayer(mediaLocator);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
System.out.println(e.getMessage());
}

playMP3.addControllerListener(new ControllerListener()
{
public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
{
if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
{
playMP3.stop();
playMP3.close();

);

playMP3.realize();
playMP3.start();

/**

MediaLocater:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...f/2.1.1/apidocs/javax/media/MediaLocator.html
Player
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...dia/jmf/2.1.1/apidocs/javax/media/Player.html

Controller
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...ollerListener(javax.media.ControllerListener)

Interface clock
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...mf/2.1.1/apidocs/javax/media/Clock.html#RESET

About instanceof
if (objectReference instanceof type)

EndOfMedia
http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/apis/jsr927/javax/media/EndOfMediaEvent.html

*/

Gavino

I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
help me to play this for infinite time in loop.
public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
{
if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
{
playMP3.stop();
playMP3.close();

Instead of closing the player, you should do this:
playMP3.setMediaTime(new Time(0));
playMP3.start();