identity impersonate for special anonymous account

yurps

Hello,

I got a weird problem...I didn't set up this machine so I don't know
what possibly went wrong...IIS set up after VS.NET..

On a virtual directory for a web app...I go to properties and click
on the 'Directory Security' tab, click the 'Edit' button,check
anonymous access, type in username/password for account, check
'Integrated Windows authentication' at the bottom...then OK out.

in web.config, I add the tag identity impersonate="true" />

startup the app in Page_Load I have...

string samp =
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name;

firstload I get the account I typed in above...on postback it changes
to my personal windows account....

strange!!! no joy searching google so I post here in hopes....

Also when I switch on the anon user account for the whole website it
works.

yurps

Hmmm but it works if I take out the requiredfieldvalidators....

it also works on other machines...

it is checked into source safe....

hmmmm..