IE seems to expire all cookies instead of one

S. Bourbeau

Hi all. Some of our web site users are experiencing a
strange behavior of IE 6 (Sp1 or not). It looks like their
ASP Session Cookie expire before time.

Here are some details. The user connects to our web site
and we keep his ID in the Session object. At the beginning
of every page, we check the presence of this ID and if it
is missing, we redirect the user to the connection page.

Somewhere in the site, we create a temporary cookie. At
some point, this new cookie is deleted with the following
ASP code :

Response.Cookies(STR_FICHR_TEMN_CONTX).Path = "/"
Response.Cookies(STR_FICHR_TEMN_CONTX) = ""
Response.Cookies(STR_FICHR_TEMN_CONTX).Expires = CDate
("2000-01-01")

When the user clics on an hyperlink, he is redirected to
the connection page because his ASP cookie is no more (I
have verified that in our IIS log : there is no request
logged after the execution of the above code).

Any ideas ? Could this be an Internet Explorer bug ?

Thanks

Steph