If my host has Wordpress included - what does this mean?

Victory

My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
mean?
I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging
program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

Thanks

Jonathan N. Little

Victory said:
My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
mean?
I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging
program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

Hmmm, let's see you are using Goggle for access to Usenet but never
thought to use is as a search engine? Amazing!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wordpress+manual&btnG=Google+Search
wordpress manual - Google Search

Toby A Inkster

Victory said:
I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging program.
So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type in comments
and blogs?

Generally speaking you write the articles and wait for other people to
write the comments.
Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

WordPress has a reputation for being pretty straightforward to use. It
should be fairly easy to just login and start publishing.

Things get a little more tricky if you want to customise various aspects
of it (e.g. the template), but you can always leave that part to a little
later when you're more comfortable with the basics.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 7 days, 10:15.]

dhyana.pl/0.3
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/01/06/dhyana/

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 03:28:27 GMT
Jonathan N. Little scribed:
Well I guess we know some people think so...

Actually, I can see that side of the argument. 'Tis like when some here
tell OPs to go Google. (I've done it, too.) Yes, Google is the correct
option _sometimes_ but not always and not as often as I've seen it
referred.

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 03:28:27 GMT
Jonathan N. Little scribed:

Actually, I can see that side of the argument. 'Tis like when some here
tell OPs to go Google. (I've done it, too.) Yes, Google is the correct
option _sometimes_ but not always and not as often as I've seen it
referred.
True, but many time it should be your first option. Afterwards if you
are still confused or need more direction Usenet can be very beneficial.

Andy Dingley

Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the manual.

I thought the web was invented to demonstrate once and for all that
software didn't need to be written so badly as to read a manual before
anyone could use it?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:08:44
GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:
True, but many time it should be your first option. Afterwards if you
are still confused or need more direction Usenet can be very
beneficial.

Sometimes it should be the first option, but if I want a quick answer to a
fairly straightforward question and the choices are to ask here or dig
through tomes of digital detritus, which is the most preferable and
logical?

Regulars may become impatient with repeat inquiries but to a newbie they're
something new (and if-not-so-wonderful.)