Ignoring files when publishing web site

Ben Fidge

Is there any way of configuring VS2005's Publish Web Site feature to ignore
certain files? During day to day testing of our web-site, log files are
created that I don't want to deploy to the production server. However,
Publish Web Site copies these over and they have to be manually removed
before deployment. This rules out using FTP to publish because it would
overwrite the auto-generated log files on the live server.

Ideally, I'd to specify a list of file-masks that Publish Web-Site will not
copy to the PrecompiledWeb folder

Ben

Ben Fidge

Funnily enough, I was just setting this up when I read your response. Can I
ask some questions as documentation seems quite thin at the moment.

1..How do I specify to remove *.resx, *.log etc from the output folder
2..I'm having trouble replacing section of my web.config file. <appSettings>
go over fine, but I'm getting errors with non-standard config sections. We
use payment processing agent called PROTX and their API adds a section
called <protx.com> to the web.config file. In the WDP property pages dialog,
I've set "protx.com=.\configs\liveprotx.config" and get the following error
"error WDP00002: missing section protx.com". The case is correct and
everything spelt correctly, and the path to the file is ok as
"appSettings=.\configs\appsettings.config" works fine. Is this because it's
a custom section?

Ben

Ben Fidge

Hi Teemu,

Enforce mathcing section replacements is switched off. There doesn't appear
to be information in the document concerning replacing custom sections.

Ben

Ben Fidge

Thanks for your help. As Soon as I find out i'll post a message on this
forum.

Ben