IIS caches asp files for too long and delays testing

Bob

Running IIS 6

IIS seems to suffer from the malady I had with IIS5 ... it caches the
asp files. So when I make a change, save the file to the IIS inetpub
directory, then test, it runs the old file. If I wait a little while
then I can test the new file.

I thought this issue had gone away with IIS 6 but it seems to still be
there. Is there a fix for IIS6? For IIS5 I remember hacking the
registry but I don't recall what... and I seem to recall marginal
success fixing the actual problem.

Thanks,

MikeR

Bob said:
Running IIS 6

IIS seems to suffer from the malady I had with IIS5 ... it caches the
asp files. So when I make a change, save the file to the IIS inetpub
directory, then test, it runs the old file. If I wait a little while
then I can test the new file.

I thought this issue had gone away with IIS 6 but it seems to still be
there. Is there a fix for IIS6? For IIS5 I remember hacking the
registry but I don't recall what... and I seem to recall marginal
success fixing the actual problem.

Thanks,
Switch to Firefox (or at least use it for testing this scenario).
MikeR

Hal Rosser

Bob said:
Running IIS 6

IIS seems to suffer from the malady I had with IIS5 ... it caches the
asp files. So when I make a change, save the file to the IIS inetpub
directory, then test, it runs the old file. If I wait a little while
then I can test the new file.

I thought this issue had gone away with IIS 6 but it seems to still be
there. Is there a fix for IIS6? For IIS5 I remember hacking the
registry but I don't recall what... and I seem to recall marginal
success fixing the actual problem.

Try unchecking the box that says "Cache ISAPI applications" in IIS
Then you can hit refresh in IE and get the new version.
Keep it unchecked while you're working on the code, then check it when
finished.
In IIS - click home directory - then configuration ...
HTH