IIS on Vista home premium?

Scott M.

VS 2005/08 ships with an ASP .NET development web server so that you don't
need IIS on the development box to use and debug it.

DennisX

Steven Spits said:
Thank you, you made it clear for me.

Steven

- - -
I installed IIS 6.0 on my Windows Vista Home Premium and I cannot use CSS or
User Controls. I would install 7.0, but I don't know how or where to enter
the script that gets the full install.

Jennifer

Hello Folks,

I have been reading about the IIS installation on basic home vista edition.
Can anyone tell me what are my options of getting IIS installed and
configured on this DELL laptop which came with basic home vista edition?

Looking forward to your reply.....

Nonny

Hello Folks,

I have been reading about the IIS installation on basic home vista edition.
Can anyone tell me what are my options of getting IIS installed and
configured on this DELL laptop which came with basic home vista edition?

Looking forward to your reply.....

If you read the entire thread which began in February of LAST YEAR you
would have seen on the first reply to the original post that you need
Vista Business or Ultimate.

In other words, Fuggedaboutit.

Stan

If you read the entire thread which began in February of LAST YEAR you
would have seen on the first reply to the original post that you need
Vista Business or Ultimate.

In other words, Fuggedaboutit.

FYI

I have the Home Premium edition and am able to do development using
VS2008. I haven't bothered with IIS (I just use the service emulator
that is included with VS)but I do know that it is available on this
version.

Hope that's useful

Stan

Hello Folks,

I have been reading about the IIS installation on basic home vista edition..
Can anyone tell me what are my options of getting IIS installed and
configured on this DELL laptop which came with basic home vista edition?

Looking forward to your reply.....

Hi Jenny

I don't know whether Visual Studio will run on Vista Basic edition (I
think it probably will) but it is not essential to install IIS. Visual
studio versions 2005/2008 will by default use their own emulator for
Internet Services and run the site from the websites directory in your
documents folder using a special port No.

I have VS2008 on a laptop with Vista Home premium and that mode of
development works fine for me. The machine I have is quite a high spec
though (2GB RAM).

HTH

Rain

Oh dear. The OP seems to have triggered some unhappy responses on this
thread.

Lets all be nice to each other, as the world is hard enough work as it is.

;-D

Andy B

Hi. I think I have a solution for your IIS need. It is a "replacement" for
IIS in the sense that you can install it on 200/xp/vista or any other
windows server version (except 2008 as far as I know of). There is a free
(stripped down version) and a paid version. The paid version is mainly for
companies wanting to make web hosting servers or use it for their comercial
use. It's pretty cheap though ($50 I think?). I use the free version and it
does everything I need. The onlty draw back to the free version is that it
only supports up to .net 2.0. Here is the link for the download if your
interested.

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/download.php
[...]

Hunter

Hi. please direct me to a site where i can download IIS 7.0 for vista home
premium. i seem to be to stupid to find such a site.

Juan T. Llibre

IIS 7 is included with Vista Home Premium.

You do, however, need to install it, with the script I posted.

IIS 7 is not installed by default with Vista Home Premium.
Your installation directory has all the files you need to install it, though.

Hunter

I am electronically disabled, and I need serious help. How do I use "script"
to install ISS7? Please assist

Sinner

Hunter said:
I am electronically disabled, and I need serious help. How do I use
"script"
to install ISS7? Please assist

Control Panel>Programs and Features>click the link to "Turn Windows
components on and off">Scroll down to Internet Information Services and
make your selections.

That should get you close.

Hunter

Juan, thank you, but I need more help than that. I apologize, but I am a
little electronically disabled. I also need instructions on how/where to use
the script you posted. I have no clue. Again my apologies for my stupidity

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I also need instructions on how/where to use the script you posted.

As this article explains :
http://technet2.microsoft.com:80/Wi...18b0-4c42-9884-5af83226e2bd1033.mspx?mfr=true

....you need to create a batch file (a script) to run this command :

start /w pkgmgr
/iu:IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-WebServer;IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-StaticContent;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpRedirect;IIS-ApplicationDevelopment;IIS-ASPNET;IIS-NetFxExtensibility;IIS-ASP;IIS-CGI;IIS-ISAPIExtensions;IIS-ISAPIFilter;IIS-ServerSideIncludes;IIS-HealthAndDiagnostics;IIS-HttpLogging;IIS-LoggingLibraries;IIS-RequestMonitor;IIS-HttpTracing;IIS-CustomLogging;IIS-Security;IIS-BasicAuthentication;IIS-URLAuthorization;IIS-RequestFiltering;IIS-IPSecurity;IIS-Performance;IIS-HttpCompressionStatic;IIS-HttpCompressionDynamic;IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-ManagementConsole;IIS-ManagementScriptingTools;IIS-ManagementService;IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility;IIS-Metabase;IIS-WMICompatibility;IIS-LegacyScripts;IIS-LegacySnapIn;WAS-WindowsActivationService;WAS-ProcessModel;WAS-NetFxEnvironment;WAS-ConfigurationAPI

Just create a batch file ( maybe : install.bat ), copy the above script into
install.bat and, after you save it, double click install.bat in windows explorer.

re:
!> Again my apologies for my stupidity

No need to apologize, and you're not "stupid", only uninformed.

That's why we're all here : to help each other out.
I'm sure that, sometime, you'll help somebody else.

Jeff Winn

Is there any particular reason why you're trying to install IIS? If you're
having this much of a problem installing it, I can't imagine what's going to
happen once you get it installed.

Sinner

Jeff Winn said:
Is there any particular reason why you're trying to install IIS? If you're
having this much of a problem installing it, I can't imagine what's going
to happen once you get it installed.

True, there are so many web servers that are easier to use, but I think he
wants to do some developmental work, if I remember the thread correctly.