image rollover with jpg./flash switch

david

Ok, I have asked this question before and went looking around the web
for answers and still I am stumped. Here is what I have.

I have a button that causes an image rollover change. Simple enough,
but what I want is when the button is rolled over - I want the .jpg
image to change to a FLASH movie.

So the HOME up button shows a picture of a house
When the user passes the mouse over the home button, it changes the
picture of the HOME to a FLASH movie.

This is not a simple rollover button move, this is an image rollover.
This is a bit confusing I think, so I am trying to make it as clear as
possible.

I went to Flashkit and couldn't find anything (maybe I don't know what
to look for though)

Thanks

alt255

Ok, I have asked this question before and went looking around the web
for answers and still I am stumped. Here is what I have.

I have a button that causes an image rollover change. Simple enough,
but what I want is when the button is rolled over - I want the .jpg
image to change to a FLASH movie.

So the HOME up button shows a picture of a house
When the user passes the mouse over the home button, it changes the
picture of the HOME to a FLASH movie.

This is not a simple rollover button move, this is an image rollover.
This is a bit confusing I think, so I am trying to make it as clear as
possible.

I went to Flashkit and couldn't find anything (maybe I don't know what
to look for though)

Thanks

You could use javascript, look around for mouseover scripts that change an
image elsewhere on the page, then instead of a second jpg just point to the
flash.

also you should consider having the flash movies preload to the browser
cache, in the background after the html and pics have loaded, otherwise
people will have to wait for the flash to download from the server before
the animation will start.

hope this helps

alt255

david

You could use javascript, look around for mouseover scripts that change an
image elsewhere on the page, then instead of a second jpg just point to the
flash.

also you should consider having the flash movies preload to the browser
cache, in the background after the html and pics have loaded, otherwise
people will have to wait for the flash to download from the server before
the animation will start.

hope this helps

alt255

Thank you that helps. I am trying to find such a script - is there
any good place to start? Also, is there a place to find the
preloaders?

Again, thanks a million!

Whitecrest

Thank you that helps. I am trying to find such a script - is there
any good place to start? Also, is there a place to find the
preloaders?

I sent the exact link to the page that shows you exactly what you are
trying to do. You control the flash movie to include it's _alpha via
Javascript found on that page. If in doubt go to www.flash.com and
search for "control flash with javascript" You will find tons of
examples.

Or are you looking for someone to code the entire thing for free?