Impersonation without DNS?

Anonymous Poster

We are developing an ASP.NET web application with web services which links
(2 way) with the Microsoft CRM via its SDK using Windows Authentication. By
using Impersonate=true in the app's and web service's web.configs,
authentication works fine over DNS and credentials are passed in correctly.

However our client does not wish to use DNS and in a non-DNS environment
(either using the IP or fully qualified domain name) we get the IE
authentication login box again when the CRM launches our app which we don't
want as we've already authenticated ourselves. Both our app and the CRM are
sitting on the same server (though they are on separate websites in IIS).
What is the reason for this behaviour and how can we get the impersonation
to work without DNS?

TIA

Simon